Wondering where you should go for spring break? The possibilities are endless! Listed below are the top 4 I chose out of the U.S. News-Best Cheap Spring Break Destinations– based on flights, hotels, cost of the visit and personal experience. (I also added 1 not on this list) Here’s why I suggest planning travel for any of these 4 locations:
Playa dEL carmen
Playa Del Carmen was the first trip Jamie & I took when we moved to the West Coast 3 years ago and it’s still our favorite trip of all time (and we’ve been to so many great places!) What we loved about Playa was the ability to enjoy all the major elements you look for in a vacation. We had the beach, pools, fresh food, sunshine, excursions and balance of fun and relaxing evenings. We stayed at the all-inclusive resort, The Royal Hideaway, and royalty is exactly what we felt like. Mexican resorts are known for their hospitality and customer service so we were extremely pleased and overall blown away with our experience. Play Del Carmen will check off all your vacation must-have boxes!
- Temperatures March-May: Average high is 84-88 degrees, average low is 71-76 degrees
- Flights from the West Coast: Cheapest roundtrip is currently $428
- Flights from the East Coast: Cheapest roundtrip is currently $320
San Diego is every beach lovers dream. Probably one of the most down-to-earth and easy-going places on the planet and has some of the cutest charm in a small city that I’ve ever seen. Surfers, skateboarders, tacos, margaritas, art, beautiful sunsets and lively nightlife. I’d totally live in San Diego if I could! Whenever I visit, it’s always so hard leaving. I stayed at the iconic Hotel Del Coronado last summer and it was such an interesting and historic property that’s been open since 1888! It’s hosted celebrities, presidents and royalty throughout the years and still attracts people from all over the world. San Diego is a bucket list city that you need to check off. The margaritas and tacos are calling your name!
- Temperatures March-May: Average high is 67-69 degrees, average low is 54-60 degrees
- Flights from the West Coast: Cheapest roundtrip is currently $97
- Flights from the East Coast: Cheapest roundtrip is currently $277
Another classic and historic location. I absolutely LOVE Key West and am already looking forward to going back. Also known for it’s laid-back and “no worries” atmosphere, Key West offers so much culture and things to do. The weather is beautiful year-round and caters to your vacation-getaway dream. It’s also a popular stop for cruise ships (which is how I visited) so they always have so much going on for tourists. I highly recommend setting up a Key Lime Bike Tour, it’s once of the best and most educational ways to see the town.
- Temperatures March-May: Average high is 78-85 degrees, average low is 70-77 degrees
- Flights from the West Coast: Cheapest roundtrip is currently $323
- Flights from the East Coast: Cheapest roundtrip is currently $317
Probably one of my favorite places to visit and I once thought visiting would be totally overrated. Boy, was I wrong! Vegas is amazing and even if you aren’t into the whole party/club scene, you can still enjoy it just the same. There’s so many hotels, restaurants, bars, pools, entertainment, shows, shopping etc. that you can enjoy at all hours of the day. I’ve stayed at a few places, but The Venetian is by far my favorite place to stay. It has the most gorgeous architecture and interior design inspired by the beauty of Venice, Italy. You have to visit Vegas at least once in your life!
- Temperatures March-May: Average high of 71-90 degrees, average low of 39-53 degrees
- Flights from the West Coast: Cheapest roundtrip is currently $84
- Flights from the East Coast: Cheapest roundtrip is currently $217
Let me know you’ll be headed to any of these locations and/or if you’ve already been! Would love to hear your questions and favorite spring break destinations.
Happy travels xx